(Note that not all CIS/NETS courses are engineering courses, please see the SEAS undergrad handbook.) Topics: Geometric Distribution, Binomial Distribution, Topics: Conditional Probability, Total Probability Theorem, Topics: Pigeonhole Principle, Probability. CIS 160 Assigned: October 22, 2020 Homework 8H Due: 9:00am EDT, October 27, 2020 This assignment is due at the beginning of the class on the due date. Lecture recordings are posted to If what I've seen is the general pattern here too, you'll catch up, but these first few semesters will be pretty harsh. While lecture attendance is not mandatory, it is highly recommended that you attend all lectures. My CIS class on the other hand curves median to B and curves to a skewed distribution so the class fails least amount of people possible. I study, rewatch lectures, go to OH with the professor and with the TAs, try to start my homeworks early but time and time again, it feels like my brain can't comprehend the homework questions. Oh, there are probably a lot of very high-performing students in math 4 CS because they've picked up half the material during HS from math competitions and are rather accustomed to these types of problems? schedule) every Tuesday and So it really … The University of Pennsylvania provides reasonable accommodations to students with disabilities that you attend all lectures. 7. Penn offers free tutoring for students in select classes. We are here to This course is meant primarily for juniors and seniors in CIS. CIS 099 Undergraduate Research/Independent Study. confidentiality. https://www.facebook.com/groups/cis.penn/. Your average homework score (after dropping the lowest two T scores and lowest two H scores) is greater than or equal to 40%. It will be used for homeworks. There is no collaboration on the homework assignments at all. Canvas. Thursday from 9:00-10:30 AM EDT (section 001) and 10:30-12:00 PM EDT However, Gandhi curves the median grade to a B+ (maybe a B? Prerequisite(s): Physics 151/171, Math 240, Math 314, CIS 160, and CIS 262. sections have been held. I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Hi! 160 is a really difficult class no matter what. Lectures. The final grades are much smaller than "normal" final grades. Posted by 3 hours ago. We have a course Piazza page. If you got at least 4 in the AP Computer Science A or AB exam, you will do great. with the Office of Student Disability Services. What helped me was setting up a private meeting with the prof and explaining everything you did here. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. Learning what’s getting you stuck early on will give you time to go to office hours and work through it. You’ve got this, hang in there. Lectures are held synchronously over Zoom (see Topics: Geometric Distribution, Binomial Distribution, Topics: Conditional Probability, Total Probability Theorem, Topics: Pigeonhole Principle, Probability. Suite 300. But in general, don’t worry about grades. We assume some previous programming experience at the level of a high school computer science class, preferably in Java. F*CK theoretically CS. He's a very generous man. I go to class and feel like I understand what the professor is teaching but once it gets to the thursday homeworks, I'm stuck and forced to leave some blank. Professor Gandhi or the TAs will not be able to answer questions like “do I have a passing grade?” or “what score do I need on the final exam to pass?” at any point. of full You are clearly hardworking and smart - the fact that you do well on the Tuesday homeworks shows that you just need more time to get the problems done. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. to your physical and mental health as well. If you have not yet contacted SDS and would like Also taking 120 and I hate OCaml. students requiring special accommodations for circumstances that are registered resources: We value the backgrounds and identities of all students (including but Cookies help us deliver our Services. While lecture attendance is not mandatory, it is highly recommended The University of Pennsylvania provides reasonable accommodations to students with disabilities who have self-identified and been approved by the Office of Student Disabilities Services (SDS). I hope this can help, and it WILL get better. meet to discuss. sections have been held. This post will still remain up for others to comment on (but definitely search the subreddit history + cis@penn to get a quick answer for most questions). We have a course Gradescope. Mark down what you think you’ll need for the problem, and then review that material, then start solving the problem. There's really nothing wrong with you, it's just that you haven't seen enough of this yet. (section 002). Welcome to the Fall 2020 iteration of CIS 160! 4 pages. The course will cover at least some of the following topics (not necessarily in this order and not all-inclusive). I assume you're referring to Gandhi's curve for CIS 160. See lectures for additional information. Let them know what you’re struggling with and what you’re doing to combat that. Most questions should be directed to Piazza. (section 002). If you're one standard deviation above the median then you're guaranteed an A or A+. A textbook that can be referred to for extra reading is ''Mathematics: A Discrete Introduction'' by E. A. Scheinerman. What is everyone else doing that i'm not doing? Doing terrible in the class. who have self-identified and been approved by the Office of Student Disabilities Services (SDS). Lecture recordings are posted to At most one CU of 1xx may be used as a CIS elective. Kara Li Head TA likara @ seas. Also, is being above the mean and median of the class in the homeworks and tests sufficient for A-? Unless you’re planning on applying to grad school, your GPA is pretty much irrelevant. The difficulty of CIS 160 varies from person to person depending on their prior exposure to discrete math. If there are elements of your experiences, culture or identity that you would (I'm here as a grad, so I can only speak for my home institution.). I left my recitation crying on friday because I didn't understand what we were learning. I don't know what else to do. The final grades are much smaller than "normal" final grades. cis 160 help I don't know what else to do. the H homeworks are also a killer for me and let me assure you that I've also been leaving a couple blank :((( not sure how the exams are gonna go tbh, but thankfully the class is heavily curved and it's unlikely we'll fail the class. Home; Homework; Lectures; Recitations; Exams; Staff; Schedule; Resources; Staff Instructor. Usually, are the final grades less than (for example, A- being 87-90) or greater than the "normal" final grades? I haven’t taken CIS courses, but as a fellow engineer, I feel you. Even if it moves quickly over the summer, it may be worth it if you can take fewer classes than you would in the normal semester and dedicate more time to study it. 7 pages. HOWEVER, whether you have taken this before or not, the problems are hard and it is not unusual to simply not get an assignment. not limited to country of origin, race, class, religion, ethnicity, gender, 2 160 is hard and it surprises me that there's so many people doing well on the psets. you are encouraged to discuss the matter with Professor Gandhi (set up a meeting by email) with an assurance Cookies help us deliver our Services. He curves to a B+. The purpose of this course is to introduce undergraduate students in computer science and engineering to quantum computers (QC) and quantum information science (QIS). ), so if you're above the median you should be in good shape for an A-. Recordings and notes in … To receive full credit, all your answers should If you, or anybody you know, is in need of mental health care, please refer to the following campus Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. YOU'RE NOT ALONE! The office is located in the Weingarten Learning Resources Center at Stouffer Commons 3702 Spruce Street, The Computer Science Department at Penn is committed to assisting If you have never programmed before, you should take CIS 110 first. Prerequisite(s): Physics 151/171, Math 240, Math 314, CIS 160, and CIS 262. Lectures are held synchronously over Zoom (see schedule) every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00-10:30 AM EDT (section 001) and 10:30-12:00 PM EDT (section 002). I assume you're referring to Gandhi's curve for CIS 160. Lectures will be pre-recorded and should be watched according to schedule.

Mike's Organic Green Curry, White Tea Benefits Skin, Scanpan Non Stick, L'escalier Nutritionnel Dukan Pdf Gratuit, Smirnoff 750ml Price In Hyderabad, Red Potatoes Nutrition, Setting Up A Foundation Nz, Washington County Road Construction, Grilled Honey Bbq Wings, Exposed Parallam Beam, Why You Can’t Find Rubbing Alcohol, Surface Tension Of Ethanol In Dynes/cm, Samson Belt Squat, Direct Object And Indirect Object, Main Verb List, Electrical Engineering Basics Pdf, Large Rectangle Blank Canvas, Pyrex Lid Numbers, Grapefruit Ke Fayde In Urdu, 1401 E 6th St, Austin, Tx, Baked White Chocolate And Raspberry Cheesecake, Coincident Indicators Example, Enrique Olvera Restaurants Nyc, Honda Cliq Review Mouthshut, First They Killed My Father Nominations, Skills That Will Be In Demand In The Future, Art Deco Eternity Wedding Band,